Monday, June 30, 2008

Farmer in the making


I never knew lettuce could get me so excited!

Another thesis field trip-- Grabe na toh. No school days meaning 'free days' transformed into 'thesis-is-ing, researching days'. I really have to get used to waking up at 6 in the morning-- *sigh* But enough complaining.. It was a good day even if the farm was all the way in Silang, Cavite. It was certainly worth the trip. Haaay. Ang ganda talaga ng Farm. Elaine and I were amazed and super happy cos we were finally IN a hydroponic Farm!See?? We were so happy we even went lettuce shopping! P160.00 for 2 bags of 2 kg assorted lettuce!




This is a Hydroponic farmer man getting our lettuce... :)

Menu for tonight: Salad!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"LETTUCE TO SUPPORT YOUR SHOE FETISH"

I don't know why that Fergie song just popped out in my head. hahaha! Kat I really find your thesis interesting! I was doing some research for Vision, and I thought maybe these could help you:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/vertical-diagonal-farm-in-new-york.php

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/03/26/tomorrows-skyscrapers-today-daekwon-parks-symbiotic-superstructure/

Then again, I think you've seen those considering you've done a lot of researching already. Hehehe! This entry just made me crave for salad. Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Here's the hyperlink version!
Sustainable Skyscrapers and Vertical/Diagonal Farm in NYC

playgroundarchitect said...

hahaha! awww james! thank you thank you! :) lots of love deariiieee! :) *huuugsss!*